Who we are & what we do
The Community Crew @ Albury is a group of local women ranging in ages from 78- 35 who are passionate about raising money and supporting local and national organisations that need a helping hand.
Our 2011 committee consists of:
- Desney Mcgown
- Judy Styles
- Lorraine Crawford
- Vass Mortimer
- Audrey Davidson
- Kellie Kadaoui
- Michelle Clarke
- Kim Porta
We won the Community Group of the Year at the 2010 Albury awards.
Apart from our annual events including our two major luncheons- for Kidney Health and the National Breast Cancer foundation we have also coordinated events such as:
McGrath Foundation pink breakfast – Run in conjunction with the SSA Club to raise funds for the McGrath Foundation.
Biggest Morning Tea – held for many years to raise money for the Cancer Council of Australia
Betty’s Place “ don’t forget your undies” pancake breakfast.- Betty’s place is a women’s and children’s refuge and at each event we ask our guests to bring a toothbrush and toothpaste, underwear or pyjama’s to donate to the centre. For many of the women who arrive in the middle of the night, they do not have the basic necessities and our donation goes a small way in helping them feel comfortable.
We have also:
- Donated local hospitals and Palliative care units to purchase equipment
- Helped a local wheelchair basketballer get new “wheels”
- Supported drought effected farmers
- Hosted the NSW woman of the year
- Held the inaugural “Gowns and Girlfriends” event for ovarian cancer
- Given funds to the SES
- Provided funding for the new children’s garden being built at the Albury Botanic Gardens
We also provide breakfast and lunch programs for underprivileged children at local primary schools